Indian Premier League teams will miss some match winning foreign cricketers in May. Absence of these stars will have maximum impact on teams like Chennai, Kolkata and Hyderabad while Teams like Rajasthan, Bangalore and Delhi will be less impacted by their absence. Dale Steyn is the bowler to watch out in May.
1. Chennai Super Kings: New Zealand all rounder Jacob Oram and Australian batsman Mathew Hayden and Michael Hussey will not play for Chennai IPL in the next month. Chennai will reach semi-finals but title hopes are almost out of question due to their absence. These three cricketers clean swept all the three man of the match awards in the Chennai matches. Chennai is the most affected team in the Indian Premier League. South African pacer Morkel may fill the void left by Jacob Oram and Stephen Fleming may partially fill the gap left by Michael Hussey. But who will replace Match winner Mathew Hayden?
2. Punjab Kings Eleven: Mohali IPL will miss its strike bowler Brett Lee, Kylie Mills and Simon Katich. It is almost impossible to fill the boots of Australian Speedster.
3. Hyderabad Deccan Chargers: They will miss their star batsman Andrew Symonds. So their hope of reaching semi-finals is almost out of question.
4. Bangalore Royal Challengers: They will miss New Zealand batsman Ross Taylor, Australian speedster Ashley Noffke and West Indies batsman Chanderpaul. But Bangalore fortunes will be boosted by arrivals of South African sensation Dale Steyn. Zaheer Khan, Praveen kumar, Anil Kumble, Dale Steyn and Jacques Kallis may destroy any batting lineup in Indian Premier League.
5. Delhi daredevils: Delhi will not be affected much due to the absence of New Zealand spinner Daniel Vettori. South African batsman De Villiers will join the squad.
6. Kolkata Knight Riders: They will miss New Zealand keeper Brendon McCullum, Australian captain Ricky Ponting and West Indies opener Chris Gayle. Ricky Ponting is the biggest disaster in the IPL. But Kolkata bowling will be strengthened by arrival of Umar Gul and Brad Hodge. Critics found answers for questions like why Ponting was less paid in the IPL auction than Hussey brothers. Who will fill replace McCullum?
7. Mumbai Indians: They will not be affected much as they miss the services of Dwayne Bravo only.
8. Rajasthan Royals: Underdogs in April will become hot favourites in May. They will not miss single cricketer in May. Mascarenhas, Sohail Tanvir and Younis Khan will join squad in May.
Australian and New Zealand cricketers dominated the first two weeks in the Indian Premier League with their stunning displays. South African and Pakistan cricketers may dominate the IPL matches in the coming weeks. But audience will surely miss the exemplary displays of cricketers like Mathew Hayden, Hussey Brothers, Brendon McCullum, Oram and Brett Lee. But we will see wonderful cricketers like Sachin Tendulkar, Anil Kumble, Dale Steyn, Umar Gul and Morkel in live action in the coming weeks. Some loss and some gain.