India team franchise assembled strong lineup for the inaugural Indian Premier League 20-20 tournament. They aggressively bought Indian twenty20 team captain Dhoni for Rs 6 crore by defeating Mumbai and Bengaluru franchises. It strategically bought good all-rounders and good twenty20 players like Joginder Sharma and Suresh Raina. Experienced players are this team’s assets and may become weakness.
Chennai IPL Team review:
Team motto: Chennai Super Kings: Fearless Entertainers who will play to win.
Money spent on players: 23.2 crore.
Franchise: Srinivasan of India Cements.
Coach: Kepler Wessels (South Africa).
1. M.S. Dhoni- most valuable 20-20 player in the world and the captain of the first twenty20 cricket world cup winning Indian team.
2. World best spinner, Muralidharan.
3. Most dangerous all-rounders- Jacob Oram and Albie Morkel.
1. Who will partner Hayden? Fleming is not right choice.
2. Aged players like Ntini, Hayden, Hussey and Fleming.
Chennai super kings team:
1. MS Dhoni- India- 6 crore.
2. Matthew Hayden- Australia- 1.5 crore.
3. Stephen Fleming- New Zealand- 1.4 crore.
4. Suresh Raina- India- 2.6 crore.
5. Michael Hussey- Australia- 1 crore.
6. Jacob Oram- New Zealand- 2.7 crore.
7. Albie Morkel- South Africa- 2.7 crroe.
8. Parthiv Patel- india- Wicket Keeper- 1.3 crore.
9. Makhaya Ntini- South Africa- 0.8 crore.
10. Joginder Singh- India- 0.9 crore.
11. Muttiah Muralitharan- Sri Lanka- 2.4 crore.
If the experienced players can play to their full potential, Chennai super kings may outshine Hyderabad team.
Verdict: Second strongest team in the IPL tournament.