Delhi daredevils will attack Mumbai Indians in their last match of Indian Premier League at Feroz Shah Kotla cricket ground in Delhi. This is a must win game for both teams but Mumbai still has 2 games in hand even if it loses today’s match. But Delhi Daredevils must win this game to keep their hopes alive. This is an unbelievable turn of events who won the four of their first 5 games. Mumbai Indians won their first round match against Delhi Daredevils.Significance of the match: If Delhi loses this match, Mumbai and Chennai will enter into semi-finals of IPL T20 tournament. All the upcoming IPL matches lose significance which is not good for IPL.
IPL Match timings: 8 PM to 11 PM at Ferozeshaw Kotla cricket ground in Delhi.
1. Glenn McGrath Vs Sachin Tendulkar and Sanath Jayasuriya: McGrath won the previous crucial battles as he did in the 2003 Cricket world cup finals.
2. Shaun Pollock Vs Sehwag and Gambhir.
IPL records and statistics:
1. Gautam Gambhir is leading the race for “Orange cap” with 504 runs but he may lose the cap to in-form Shaun Marsh if Delhi loses this match.
2. Glenn McGrath is the only bowler to be in top 10 list from the both teams. He took 12 wickets at an average of 23.3 and economy rate of 6.03!
3. Shaun Pollock is taking a wicket for every 19 runs he conceded means 1 wicket for every 3 overs (his economy rate is around 6.1)
Verdict: Both teams are depending on their top order batsmen to win the matches for them. Mumbai has slight edge in this match due to their depth in the team even though they missed the services of West Indies all-rounder Bravo. Maharoof and Pollock are performing wonderfully for their teams but for Delhi, opposition batsmen are exploiting other bowlers after the completion of McGrath’s spell. Delhi middle order is a big concern. Every team knows that if they remove Delhi top order cheaply, match is out of Delhi’s hands.
If Glenn McGrath failed to remove dangerous Mumbai openers Sachin and Jayasuriya, Chennai and Mumbai will enter into the semi-finals of the Indian Premier League.