Bangalore IPL team is looking like a solid test team but not like a fearsome twenty20 team. Bangalore has one of the best bowling attacks among the Indian Premier League teams but left with a weak batting lineup. I can’t understand the rationale behind the purchase of players like Chanderpaul and Wasim Jaffer. Bangalore franchise miserably failed to pick a good batting team in the Indian
Premier League auction which was recently held in Mumbai.
1. Good wicket-keeper- Mark Boucher.
2. Anil Kumble spin on Indian pitches.
3. Very good bowling attack.
1. Too many accumulators- What will they do in 20-20 cricket matches?
2. Aged players like Dravid, Kallis and Chanderpaul.
1. Rahul Dravid- Captain and Icon.
2. Jacques Kallis- South Africa- 3.6 crore.
3. Wasim Jaffer- India- 0.6 crore
4. Shivnarine Chanderpaul- West Indies- 0.8 crore.
5. Mark Boucher- South Africa- 1.8 crore.
6. Cameron White- Australia- 2 crore
7. Zaheer Khan- India- 1.8 crore.
8. Nathan Bracken- Australia- 1.3 crore.
9. Dale Stein- South Africa- 1.3 crore.
10. Anil Kumble- India- 2 crore.
“You can play only four overseas players in a match, so what’s the point in buying eight?” – Vijay Mallya.