Mumbai failed to bid aggressively during Indian Premier League cricket auction. It even failed to buy its good players like Robin Sharma. I failed to understand its subdued bidding strategy in the IPL auction. It may build a young team by roping in good young cricketers. Mukhesh Ambani’s Reliance Retail won the Mumbai Franchise by outbidding Anil Ambani’s ADAG. According to sources, Mukhesh Ambani has some big plans for his Mumbai IPL team. One thing is sure, Reliance will never do things on small scale.
Mumbai Indians IPL Team review:
Coach: Lalchand Rajput.
Franchise: Reliance Retail (Mukhesh Ambani).
Money spent on players: Rs 15.2 crore.
1. Sachin Tendulkar- God of Indian Cricket.
2. Strong top order.
3. Harbhajan Singh- Best 20-20 spinner.
4. Shaun Pollock- Great all-rounder.
5. Robin Uthappa- Strong twenty20 cricketer.
1. Weak middle order batting.
2. Inexperienced wicketkeepers.
Mumbai IPL Team:
1. Sachin Tendulkar- Captain and Icon.
2. Sanath Jayasuriya- Sri Lanka- 3.9 crore.
3. Robin Uthappa- India- 3.2 crore.
4. Bosman- 0.69 crore.
5. Shaun Pollock- South Africa- 2.2 crore.
6. Harbhajan Singh- India- 3.4 crore.
7. Lasith Malinga- Sri Lanka- 1.4 crore.
8. Dilhara Fernando- Sri Lanka- 0.6 crore.
1. Abhishek Nayyar- Mumbai All-rounder.
2. Ajinkya Rahane- Mumbai Opener and future hope.
3. Yogesh Takawale- Wicket Keeper.
4. Pinal Shah- Wicket Keeper.
Verdict: Unlike Laxman and Ganguly, Sachin Tendulkar failed to guide Reliance Franchise in building a strong team. But we should not underestimate Mukhesh Ambani and his ambitions. He may surprise us with his future purchases.
Please share your opinion on Mumbai IPL team.