- 2 new IPL teams will be revealed on March 21. 14 franchisees are in contention for those 2 slots. March 20 is the last date to deposit a cheque of $1 crore as a bank guarantee. Major industrial houses like Adani group, Jaypee group, Videocon and other financial houses are vyeing for those 2 crucial franchisees.
March 20: Last date to deposit bank guarantee.
March 21, 10 AM: To submit bids
March 21, 11 AM: Bids will be opened and winners will be revealed.
So, 10 teams will play in IPL 2011.
- Good news to Dish TV subscribers. You can now watch IPL matches at a discount at PVR theatres in 10 cities (Delhi, Vadodara, Latur, Mumbai, Lucknow, Indore, Chandigarh, Ludhiana, Raipur and Aurangabad.
- Breaking news: Delhi lost to Chennai. Missing of Gautam Gambhir seems to have destroyed fortunes of Delhi Daredevils . Chennai played exceptionally well despite loss of Mahendra Singh Dhoni. Mathew Hayden and Suresh Raina played wonderful knocks. Sehwag played a good innings. But, to win games, you need team effort.
- Priyanka Chopra will host IPL special show in Colors channel. Akshay Kumar is out.
- Kings XI Punjab: Bad news. James Hopes will completely miss IPL 2010 due to injury but Brett Lee will be available at latter stages.