Delhi daredevils narrowly missed to build a great team in the Indian Premier League auction due to lack of proper strategy. Lack of big hitting all-rounders and brittle middle order may spoil its chances in the tight 20-20 matches. It should pick hard hitting young all-rounders to overcome this problem. Delhi team needs a world class middle order batsmen like Symonds or Yuvraj etc. Delhi boasts off best line and length bowlers like McGrath and Asif and good spinner, Daniel Vettori. GMR Holdings spent Rs 16 crore to acquire Delhi franchise.
Delhi daredevils IPL team review:
Money spent on players: 19.6 crore.
Franchise: GMR Holdings.
1. Good openers- Gambhir and Sehwag.
2. Md. Asif- superb bowler if not one of the best.
3. Experienced Glenn McGrath.
1. Weak keeper batsman- Dinesh Karthik.
2. Brittle middle order.
3. Where are hard hitters in the late stages?
Delhi IPL team:
Captain: Virender Sehwag- icon.
1. Gautam Gambhir- India- 2.9 crore-best twenty20 player.
2. AB de Villiers- South Africa- 1.2 crore.
3. Shoaib Malik- Pakistan- 2 crore.
4. Tillekeratne Dilshan- Sri Lanka- 1 crore.
5. Manoj Tiwary- India- 2.7 crore?
6. Dinesh Karthik- India- 2.1 crore?
7. Daniel Vettori- New Zealand- 2.5 crore.
8. Mohammad Asif- Pakistan- 2.6 crore.
9. Ferveez Maharoof- Sri Lanka- 0.9 crore.
10. Glenn McGrath- Australia- 1.4 crore.
Verdict: Delhi daredevils may reach semi-finals if their bowlers performed well. I can’t understand why they spent so much money on Dinesh Karthik and Manoj Tiwary.
Please share your opinion on Delhi team.