Bangalore Royal Challengers will clash with Kolkata Knight Riders on April 18 in the inagural match of the first Indian Premier League (IPL) 20-20 tournament. This IPL Twenty20 match will be held at M. Chinnaswamy stadium in Bangalore under flood lights. Bollywood beauty Katrina Kaif will endorse Bangalore IPL team which is looking weak in all departments when compared to Kolkata IPL team which is owned by Bollywood Badshaw Shahrukh Khan.
Significant rule: Each team can field only 4 foreign players per match. Bangalore may field Mark Boucher, Kallis, Cameroon White/Ross Taylor and Misbah-Ul-Haq or some bowler while Kolkata may field Chris Gayle, Ricky Ponting, Umar Gul and Brendon McCullum.
Bangalore IPL team will play without their star bowlers, Anil Kumble, Dale Steyn and Nathan Bracken in the first match. Anil Kumble will miss the first match due to groin injury. Nathan Bracken will miss first four matches. Dale Steyn will not play in the initial matches due to a domestic competition at home. Kolkata IPL team will miss Shoaib Akthar due to ban.
Bangalore IPL team:
1. Mark Boucher all round capabilities.
2. Misbah-Ul-Haq in the middle order.
3. Most experienced players.
4. Under-19 players may surprise us.
1. Weak bowling, batting and fielding.
2. Absence of Dale Steyn, Anil Kumble and Nathan bracken.
1. Strong batting lineup.
2. So many match winners like Chris Gayle and Ricky Ponting.
3. Ishant Sharma and Umar Gul.
4. Sourav Ganguly’s inspirational captaincy and John Buchanan coaching.
5. Brendon McCullum hard hitting.
6. Many young under-19 players.
7. Strong bench strength.
Verdict: Kolkata IPL team will easily beat Bangalore Royal Challengers in the inaugural 20-20 match due to absence of its main bowlers. This match may not live up to its reputation. Bangalore management’s wrong selection of players during IPL auction will be exposed in this match.